- Retail brand that thrives on its tagline ‘Start Something New’ announced on June 12th the #sstweetstore contest on Twitter, which caused a traffic jam on its specially created micro site.
- Contest was to tweet with #sstweetstore and every 800th tweet wins the displayed prize – e.g. Flying machine headphones, gift voucher worth Rs.1000 for the 1000th tweeter.
- There was a application pulling out the tweets with #sstweetstore from Twitter and posting onto microsite. It working in real time. And when the winner for the headphones was already announced with the counter getting initialized from 300 again.
- Winners are being announced on the shopper stop’s Twitter page. Also there was a ‘Winners’ tab on the microsite itself. Within 5 hours and the brand has managed to generate 7154 tweets.
- It wasn’t been designed to target any of the influencers but brings out a totally random selection of tweeters. This could go down well as well as keep the engagement levels up.